Getting your dream smile by straightening your teeth with braces is very exciting—most patients can’t wait to have their braces off and fully enjoy their new straight teeth! Like anything worth waiting for, braces take time to work.
The average amount of treatment time varies, but for metal braces, it takes about 24 months to straighten your teeth. For Invisalign, average treatment time is 12 to 18 months.
But what if you could have your dream smile faster? With accelerated orthodontics, you could cut your treatment time in half. Sound too good to be true? Read on to find out how accelerated orthodontics can speed up your orthodontic treatment for amazing results!
How Do Accelerated Orthodontics Work?
Accelerated orthodontics uses a device to essentially create small holes—called micro- osteoperforations—in your alveolar bone. Your alveolar bone is the bone that surrounds the sockets that hold your teeth. This process allows your bone to better accommodate the changes your teeth are undergoing during orthodontic treatment. The result? Less time needed for straight teeth!
The process only causes minor discomfort but has dramatic effects—accelerated orthodontics can reduce your treatment time by up to 62 percent ! The best part is that accelerated orthodontics work with a variety of orthodontic devices, including metal braces and Invisalign, so you can opt for a faster treatment time regardless of your device.
What Are the Benefits?
There are many benefits to accelerated orthodontics. These include:
- Better treatment predictability. By making punctures at specific locations, your
orthodontist can use accelerated orthodontics to deliver more predictable treatment
- Reduced treatment time. With accelerated orthodontics, you have the potential to
complete your orthodontic treatment in just months rather than years!
- No recovery time. Not only do accelerated orthodontics offer patients faster treatment time with minimal discomfort, but there’s no recovery time afterward, meaning you can immediately return to your normal activities.
- Can help specific teeth. If specific teeth in your mouth are difficult to move, your orthodontist can target these teeth with accelerated orthodontics, helping them move into position easier and faster .
- Do you qualify for accelerated orthodontics? You can find out from an experienced provider. There are different devices used for accelerated orthodontics, but all can provide significant time-saving benefits for your treatment!
How to Find a Provider
While not every orthodontist offers accelerated orthodontics, you can still find a professional in your area that offers the treatment. Ask your orthodontist about accelerated orthodontics today, or reach to a certified accelerated orthodontics provider to learn more about how this innovative procedure can dramatically shorten your treatment time for straighter teeth!